According to theFederal Law №274-ФЗ dated July 1, 2021 "On Amending the Federal Law "On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation" and the Federal Law "On State Fingerprint Registration in the Russian Federation" foreign students, professors and researchers who arrived in the Russian Federation after December 29, 2021 are required to undergo a medical examination, fingerprint registration and photographing.
With regards to these procedures, the law divides foreign citizens into 2 main categories:
- those who entered the Russian Federation with the purpose of employment (i.e., highly qualified specialists, working based on standard work permits, patents, international agreements)
- those who entered the Russian Federation with a different entry purpose (i.e., family members, including family members of highly qualified specialists, business, humanitarian, private, tourist entry purposes, etc.)
Who entered the Russian Federation for the purpose of carrying out labor activity:
- are required to undergo medical examination, fingerprinting, and photographing procedures within 30 calendar days from the date of entry into the Russian Federation.
- Medical certificates must be submitted to the authorized department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs by a foreign citizen personally.
- Fingerprinting and photographing procedures are carried out once. Upon subsequent entry into the Russian Federation and obtaining permits, it is not required to undergo these procedures.
HQS is employed in the Russian Federation after December 29, 2021 – scheme of actions:
- Migration registration immediately after entry into the Russian Federation – carried out by the MSU, landlord (owner of the premises, hotel, etc.)
- Medical examination – employee and family members (employee – 30 calendar days, family members – within 90 calendar days)
- Fingerprinting and photographing – employee and family members (employee – 30 calendar days, family members – within 90 calendar days)
- Obtaining a work permit by a foreign employee (can start working)
Moscow University assists foreign employees to complete these mandatory procedures and accompanies them for medical examinations and mandatory fingerprinting and photography.
Medical examination employees of Moscow State University takes place at the City Polyclinic №8 of the Moscow Healthcare Department (Michurinskiy Prospekt, Olympic Village, 16, building 1).
There are two options for the procedures of dactyloscopy and photographing:
1. Fingerprint registration and photography for employees of Moscow State University is organized at the Department for Migration of the Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for Moscow State University (Leninskiye Gory, 1, Main building of Moscow State University, Sector B, ground floor, to the left of the dietary canteen).
2. Moscow Multifunctional Immigration Center – Moscow, Voronovskoye settlement, Varshavskoe highway, 64th kilometer, household 1/ 47 (Sakharovo). The Multifunctional Immigration center shall normally be open as follows: Monday to Friday, 9 to 17.00. It is better to come there early in the morning. When you are at Sakharovo you shall go to the Entrance No. 1 (ВХОД №1), floor 2 - this is the same place you picked up the work permit. Take a ticket for the procedure of fingerprinting and photography.
Medical Examination - scheme of actions:
Step 1. Check that you have the necessary documents for the procedures: a passport with a valid visa, a migration card, a valid registration at the place of actual residence.
Step 2. Sign up for undergoing a medical examination as part of the Moscow State University group here.
Step 3. Pass a medical examination.
Medical examination involves 2 visits:
1. First visit – registration and paying for medical examinations, tests (blood, urine) and fluorography.
2. Second visit – obtaining test results, conversations with specialist doctors.
- There must be at least 3 working days between the first and second visit. MSU groups visit Polyclinic №8 on Tuesdays and Fridays. We will organize a transfer for you from the MSU Main Building by minibus.
- The cost of a medical examination is 4100 rubles, paid directly at the clinic by a bank card.
Fingerprinting and Photographing - scheme of actions:
Step 1. Sign up for the procedure of mandatory fingerprint registration and photography here.
Step 2. One day before your appointment, you will receive a confirmation of the appointment and the necessary instructions to the email you indicated during registration.
Step 3. Arrive exactly at your appointment time and go through the procedure of mandatory fingerprint registration and photography at the Department for Migration of the Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for Moscow State University. This procedure is free. The department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs is located in sector «Б» (ground floor, to the left of the dietary canteen). Please don't be late.