Lomonosov Moscow State University


Congratulations on receiving a job offer at the Institute for Theoretical and Mathematical Physics. 

This section explains key terms of employment and procedures which are relevant to academic, academic-related and research staff and has essential forms and templates. 

All new employees must complete these forms at the ITMP and provide the originals of documents listed below. The ITMP will keep a record of the details you provided. Your personal information is created, stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats, including some databases that are shared between the University. Access to your personal information is limited to staff who have a legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out their contractual duties, and our use of your personal information will not be excessive. We consider the processing of your personal information for these purposes to be either necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations with you (e.g. to manage your employment contract), or necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. applying for a work permit). We store your personal information as part of your staff record for the duration of your employment.

1. Valid Passport.

Main page of your passport is to be legally translated into Russian.

2. Migration Card. 

This is an identity document for foreign nationals. The card will be issued upon entrance to Russia while passing a border control (see Example).

3. Work Permit. 

Obtaining a work permit will provide the individual with the time-limited right to work in the Russian Federation. In order to work in Russia, you will require a Highly Qualified Specialist Work Permit. You must get this document strictly in person (see Example).

4. Temporary Registration Certificate.

All foreign nationals are to be registered by the Migration Authorities of the Interior Ministry of Russia upon arriving in Russia at a place of their staying within seven business days (see Example).

5. Educational Documents (Bachelor, Master and PhD Diplomas).

According to the legislation of the Russian Federation the educational documents issued in another country can be accepted by the Russian bodies and organizations only with legalization. Please make sure your educational documents are to be endorsed with Apostille unless otherwise provided for by the RF law.

6. Certificate of No Criminal Record and Certificate of No Penalties for Drug Use.

In order to obtain these certificates you need to visit one of the Centers for Public Services in Russia.

7. Medical Certificates.

You need to provide four medical certificates issued in Russia: one from a dermatology dispensary, one from a psychoneurological dispensary, one from a narcological dispensary and a specific medical certificate called 302N. This certificate includes information about general health condition. 

8. Bank Details.

Salaries are paid to all staff twice a month on the 2d and on the 17th of the month, unless this falls on a weekend or bank holiday when the pay day will be brought forward to the next working day. In order to get a salary you need to open a bank account in Sberbank and apply for a MIR bank card in Russia. The bank services expenses is 700 rubles a year.


Forms to be completed and signed at the ITMP in two copies:

  1. Personal Details.

  2. Employment Contract.

  3. Application for Employment.

  4. Consent to Personal Data Processing.

  5. Job Description.

  6. Checklist for Health and Safety Regulations. 

  7. Application for Keeping a Record of Employment.


Handbook for International Reseach Fellows


If you have any questions or if you need more details, please contact: Julia Arydzhan.