My research interests include string theory, supergravity, differential geometry and integrability in the AdS/CFT correspondence. I obtained various results about the quantum behaviour of massless modes appearing in integrable AdS2 and AdS3 string backgrounds. In particular I proposed a new geometric interpretation of their scattering matrix. I studied problems related to supersymmetric solutions of heterotic supergravity with alpha prime corrections, in particular regarding their classification and the supersymmetry enhancement mechanism for near-horizon geometries. Recently, I am working on non-relativistic string theory, aiming to a non-relativistic formulation of the AdS/CFT correspondence and questioning about its integrability.
- A. Fontanella and L. Romano, "Lie Algebra Expansion and Integrability in Superstring Sigma-Models''. JHEP 07 (2020), 083.
- A. Fontanella and T. Ortin, "On the supersymmetric solutions of the Heterotic Superstring effective action''. JHEP 06 (2020), 106.
- A. Fontanella, O. Ohlsson Sax, B. Stefanski and A. Torrielli, "The effectiveness of relativistic invariance in AdS3". JHEP 07 (2019), 105.
- A. Fontanella and A. Torrielli, "Geometry of Massless Scattering in Integrable Superstring''. JHEP 06 (2019), 116.
- A. Fontanella and A. Torrielli, "Massless sector of AdS3 superstrings: A geometric interpretation''. Phys. Rev. D 94 (2016) no.6, 066008.
- A. Fontanella, J. B. Gutowski and G. Papadopoulos, "Anomaly Corrected Heterotic Horizons’’. JHEP 10 (2016), 121.